Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 14, 2007

It's a brand new day! =)

Be good ourselves, be good to others and help others be good!

That's my number one motto from today onwards. Hati tengah berbunga-bunga sekarang. Bukan sebab pakwe call, saya takde pakwe ye. Bukan juga sebab tak perlu puase, saya puase ye hari ni. Hehhe. But because I made someone smile today. No make that two.

Person A was a makcik in ward 7B. Nak cerita panjang-panjang pun takut orang yang baca (if ada lagi lah orang yang baca blog saya ni, hehhe) nanti pening pulak kan. So to make it short, let's just say she was previously reported to have a case of major depression. Of course this time she was admitted due to an acute exacerbated asthma attack but after clerking her, I found out that the underlying cause or we might as well call it the trigger factor for her current attack was due to an extremely high stress level.

Just a quick history, she used to own her restaurant but last August 2006, she experienced a big business downfall and to top it up, she divorced her husband just a week after. Last week was the anniversary of her separation. She has four kids but the eldest, a 28 year old boy has been creating problems and now she is also estranged from her four kids. She lives alone with no one to talk to. She is a smoker. I advice her to stop. And guess what? She started crying her heart out telling me that she only has the cigarette as her best friend, "someone" she can talk to that won't hurt her or betray her like her husband did.

She trusts no one she said and she has been keeping her problems all to herself because she has no one. Jadi saya pun comfort lah dia. Saya kata, "But you have Allah kan?". She said she always prayed for Allah to give her strength and hidayah, she had never done any bad things to anyone, but still she gets all the bad things in life. She even tried to kill herself once. Astagfirullah. But Alhamdulillah she gained back her perspective in life after that. However, it was sad when I found out that she only resorted to becoming a workaholic so she won't have to think of her depression. Ni bukan menyelesaikan masalah ni, ni melarikan diri dari masalah! Huhu. Tapi tu saya cakap kat diri sendiri je lah. Hehhe.

But anyway, since I had something else important to do at that time, I exchanged phone numbers with her and asked her to call me anytime she needs someone to talk to. I'm not sure if my act is considered a threat or not to the professionalism and ethics of a doctor that is to not get emotional involve with a patient, but wuddeheck! She is after all a human being with a heart too.

So, petang tadi bila dah free pergi lah hospital balik, nak check on the patient. Hehhe. Dari jauh dia nampak muke saya, a big big smile automatically appeared on her face. And I swear, at that particular moment in time, nothing is worth better than that. =)

Person B was a makcik who works in the cafe of my college. Well, yang ni I didn't do anything much. Walking back from Hospital Serdang, I usually stop at the cafe to buy nasi putih and 2 types of lauk but I don't like the fried mixed veggies they sell so I always asked for fresh salads, timun and carrots all uncooked, from this makcik yang jaga bahagian jual nasi ayam. Sebelum ni bila minta just senyum and cakap terima kasih je lah. But today somehow, bulan yang mulia, alhamdulillah saya tergerak hati nak tanya dia namanya. Sambil dia sebut her name "Kak Mina", she smiled. How beautiful her smile was! Hehhe. Well, that was it basically. But when I was walking back to my room just now from the cafe, I skipped a merry cheery beat. Because I am happy.

Thank you Allah. For making my day. =)



“No one of you (truly) believes until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself.”

(narrated by: Al-Bukhari and Muslim)


Do you love your Creator? Love your fellow-beings first.

(Prophet Muhammad)

5 comments:

KimkatKeBlack said...

:D

Jamil said...

Make that three people - I just smiled :)

pycnogenol said...

Well Afie, as they say, a smile is always infectious. You smile at one, he smiles at you, and so one smile makes two.

You've cheered me up too with this entry. ;)

Munie said...

:)

sgtla comel. good 4 u babe,

im depressed too. but shhh ok. hehe

i should be fine soon :)

it's jenn. said...

sy pun tersenyum bace entry ni :)