Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Random thoughts and acts

I always think that I don't have enough to give to the society as a whole. I always ask myself, what's the point of me doing this, doing that, if all it does is bring about emptiness to an already confused and chaotic world?

Sometimes I wonder, the times I used to blog, is it just a waste of creative energy and spirit down the drain? Can a short paragraph of incoherent thoughts be of such significant to a universe that is already full of trash?

And then I stumbled upon an angel of great tidings (a friend, in simpler terms =P) who came up with such an exquisite form of logic that I almost hit my self on the head for not coming up with it first!

"If we let a space be, ultimately it will be filled by some good elements and some bad ones. So, if we want the good elements to dominate and prevail, then we should fill and fill and fill the space with so much goodness until there is no space left at all for badness to trample on. Betul tak?" -quote-

I think I almost kissed her that time. Well I did say almost. So, I urge everyone on this small earth to blog and blog about everything that is good and noble and pure for the heart and soul to nourish on. May our blogging be counted as Ibadah, an act of worship to the Almighty.

Anyway, that aside, I bought 3 books just now in MPH Midvalley. It was actually a "buka puasa" excursion with some of my old-time friends from school. I went hunting for new books while they were observing the second pillar of Islam - I'm on leave by the way, for those who're wondering. I really hope it was a good buy.



Sometimes, when you think you've become a better person, something happens to remind you that there is always improvement to be made in every nook and cranny. Life is always a surprise. God works in mysterious ways. Never look down on people, you never know when they're going to teach you a lesson.

6 comments:

Firdaus Ariff said...

IMHO, blogging will not be a futile exercise of creative energy and spirit. It keeps your mind sharp and unloads some stuffs that's nagging your mind.

If what you write is meaningful to you, then it's good. :)

resam padi said...

hmmm....i have had those thoughts too at time...sometimes. But i have to second ibnu arif, blogging does keep my mind sharp and oh boy does it helps me with stuff that's nagging my mind. I find myself able to compartmentalize and lay my problems out in a more rational and understandable manner...

keep going on....! cayok!

ifos said...

Selamat Hari Raya... Maaf zahir & batin =)

Yeah, keep on blogging!

syuqaira said...

Afie dear,
bile kite jauh,
rase rindu.. seriously!
bile kite jumpa..
i seriously dunno what to talk, to chat wif u..
feels like speechless..
huhu..

keep on blogging ya..
at least..sy tahu kabar kawan sy di sini.. =)

jazakallahu khairan katheeran..

selamat hari raya n maaf zahir batin..

dith said...

Afie,

I simply Syed QUtb's UTSOTQ. I think I have bought several copies of it, some as presents. May you benefit from it!

maddie said...

like the flowing river is on my study table right now.
in the shade of the quran is on the bookshelf in the home library.
and the memory keepers daughter is still in it's wrapping i'm saving it for the winter hols :)