Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 07, 2008

A fleeting heartbeat away

They say a parent's love is unconditional even though the manifestation of that love may vary for different people. From the moment you were conceived, love is something that comes so naturally to them that you may wonder where did all this affection come from in the first place?

So there. Love, a natural thing that comes entangled within the bond between parents and children.

But to be proud of your children? Now that's a very different story altogether. To claim with ardent fervor that no matter what your child does or have done, be it admirable or degrading to you, you will always stand firm cheering them all the way through.

If I am a failure, will my parents still be proud of who I am?

If I have never entered medical school, if I was only a waitress in a dangly old cafe, will my parents still boast to others about my life as if it was on a silver platter?

If I am a drug addict, will my parents still be proud of the confident and strong person I once were?

If I have never once did anything that made them proud of me by their standard, will they still be there beside me to say that they will always support me where ever I go?

And for all there is to think of, will they still love me the same as the person I am now?

In the end, you can only be thankful of what you already have.

No comments: