Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Entry taken from My Sister's Blog: A new year, a new beginning!

Very amusing sis. And thanks for writing them for me. It was stuck in the gray matter, I couldn't get it out. I guess you wrote it down for me in the end. Hehhe. May the force be with you. Love ya~


On my way here
Where I am now
I've learned to fly
I have to want to leave the ground
I've fallen hard
But I've been loved
And in the end it all works out
My faith has conquered fear
On my way here.



By Afifah: End 2008

Two new years in the span of 3 days.

Cool.

In any case, let's recap this past year shall we?
Lessons learned...
I learnt that:

1) there exists kindness in the hearts of even the most doubtful.

2) faith really does conquer fear.

3) it is better to confess a wrong (immediately if possible) than to let your guilt pester, gnawing on you. <--in my case not guilt but uneasiness, disagreements.

4) when you put your mind to it you can be an immovable object facing an irresistible force. However illogical that may be. (Let's not take this too literally, eh?) ;)

5) patience is a virtue that has been proven it's effectiveness time and time again.

6) it's okay to be number two as long as you did your best. Why compare yourself to others? We're all different and uniquely our own person.

7) a small act of kindness goes a long way.

8) people are selfish beings but sometimes when you're not looking, they can surprise you in the most pleasant of ways. So don't judge. Don't Judge!!!

9) problems are there for a reason, to learn and emerge stronger.

and most importantly,
10) my mind is my own. (Ah. I think only I can understand this one.)

So, have a great new year. May it be better than before. Write down your resolutions but (please) don't aim beyond your means!

Happy New Year!

Afifah.

No comments: