Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, May 21, 2010

Picking up myself

I can say I deserve success for all my hard work, I can throw tantrums and shout to the sky for the unfairness of it all, I can say that those people are no better than I am probably worse, I can cry myself out until my eyes are like soot (although I think they already are now), I can be depressed until I fulfill all the criteria in DSM-IV (medical students and doctors would know this, lol) to be diagnosed as Major Depressive Disorder, I can curse the powers that be that caused me my anguish and ultimately I would be blaming God for His plans.

But what do I get from it all?

Or I can pick myself up, look for the future, move forward and thank Allah for giving me the chance to redeem myself in His Eyes alone.

It is never easy to pick yourself up from a defeat. But pick yourself up you must. For what way else can you go but forward?

Allah makes abundant the means of subsistence for whom He pleases of His servants, or straitens (them) for him. Surely Allah is Knower of all things.

And those who strive hard for Us, We shall certainly guide them in Our ways.And Allah is surely with the doers of good.

[29:62,69]


3 comments:

f_hamid said...

You'll pull through, I've no doubt.

HaNi said...

i'm sure you are good and capable. luck was just not on ur side. i'm sure u'll become a much much better doctor than me

Unknown said...

InsyaAllah ukhti...

Saya sentiasa mendoakan dari jauh.. Moga diberi kekuatan dan dipermudahkan segalanya insyaAllah

-liyana Manch-