Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

MAJOR come back.. or not?

So here I am, back again.

One might wonder, why did I leave this blogoworld in such haste? And so the question perpetuates the mysteries of the human mind. Or maybe thats the understatement of the year. Thinking back, I wonder myself. Why indeed did I so suddenly quit doing the one thing that gives me the pleasure of sieving through my own daily memories (kinda like dumbledore's pensieve doncha think?) and berating myself of such stupidity upon the actions that I partake. Well, having said that, somethings are better left unsunged.

Now, onto more serious matters. Life has been going on quite smoothly for the past week of holidays. Oh, but the final exam papers as I recall was explicitly done to remind us mortal first-year medical students how humbling and laborious work it is to be a student. However, I have done my part and I sincerely pray to Allah that what I did was more than enough to pass with flying colours I hope.

The break started 5 days ago. And since than, I have done quite a lot. I hope you've managed to set aside some of your precious time for the International Islamic Fair of the year held in PWTC on 9th-11th of June. I did. But only on the 10th. The highlight was the grand international nasyeed concert that night. The "Sound of Islam" from the four continents of the world. Asia represented by our very own Raihan. Cheb Ali from Egypt. Zain Bhikha from South Africa. And Dawud Wharnsby Ali from Canada. Albeit the fact that it was a night for fun and entertainment, it was also a night to remember. A night full of remembrance to the beauties and also sufferings of the world but ultimately to remind us that the answer lies in the One, the Almighty.

The coming day I had the privilege to attend a talk in IIUM by Ms. Yvonne Ridley. A convert to Islam from Christian. She was captured by the Taliban for 10 days in 2001. Her monumental experience has lead her to the Holy Quran. You can search about her on the net since I won't be elaborating anymore on this matter. However, it is wise to say that a less-than-2-hour session with this extraordinary woman has awoken me from my reverie, Alhamdulillah. "You should be very grateful that you were born into this beautiful religion, I had to fall off a donkey, got caught by a frightening Taliban soldier and subjected to a whole load of hardships and turmoil before I can get to taste the sweetness of Islam". Ok, that was not exactly her words, I improvised a bit. But yeah, you got the point right? ;)

And tomorrow I'll be going to Hospital Kuala Lumpur. A day which will unfold itself in another entry I suppose. By the way, folks I'm deeply sorry for the long silence but I promise you this, a new me and a whole lot of exciting entries to come. Cheers!

-Roger & Out-

10 comments:

ifos said...

You certainly didn't waste any time doing fruitful holiday activities- good on you! =)

Sitting for exams beginning this friday. Wish me luck! ;)

dith said...

Welcome back. Nice to hear from you again. Regarding heights, yes, I fear them!

Jamil said...

My earlier suspicions that you post spunky entries.....


.....are now confirmed true :)

Arifah said...

Ifos: All the best for the exams! God be with you. =)

DITH: Thanks. I used to experience acrophobia too previously. But I got over it. All the best to you! ;)

Hiyoshi: Spunky eh? Cool. =P

pycnogenol said...

Welcome back. Can we expect at least a weekly entry from you during the hols?

Abah tak balik ke?

Arifah said...

pycky: InsyaAllah. =)

Sol: There'll be an interfaith dialogue on the 23rd to 25 th, if I'm not mistaken, at UNITEN. You're very much welcome!

Anonymous said...

welcome back baby!
keep those, err, spunky entries coming!

Anonymous said...

Don't you dare disappear on us again!

hehe.

And welcome back :)
I've really missed your writings.

Arifah said...

ayu - Keeping 'em up! =P

Bibah - Wahahha. I never thought u'd miss me this much!! =P

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Insurance service travel Saab replacement keys and remote locks 401k homework assignments lasik md in calgary