Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

There's always a first time for everything

My first chocolate cake. =)

Euphoria on her face:
"Sedap lah cake ni kakak!"

I have never baked before. I can cook dishes and do puddings (walaupun malas juga lah sebenarnya =D), but never ventured into cakes and cookies yet. I know, I know, the cake up there does not look that delicious to begin with but trust me its finger-licking-good! I have my siblings to testify to that. Hehhe. Oh, and my dads' remark was "Macam cake secret recipe!!". Alhamdulillah. I'm proud that I braved myself to take the first step into the baking terrene.

It's too bad my number one chef (read: my ibu) is not at home to comment on it, she's in Penang for a certain particular meeting. I did call her though before takeoff just to make sure everything's right. Tak pernah guna oven on my own before percaya tak? Kelakar sungguh saya ni. She bid me good luck sambil menggelakkan saya. I think Mamasarah and Drroza will be laughing their hearts out reading this entry too.

Tomorrow will be dish day pulak. I'm thinking of Nasi Goreng Thai or any kind of fried rice, lets see how it goes. Six weeks of holidays will be seeing my family getting bulat-er by my cookings, itupun if my rajin mood berkekalan. Hehhe. Wish me luck!

Advert: Arifah will make a good future wife. *snorts out laughter*

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((((((LUCK!!))))))))

it sure look scrumptious to me=)..but looks can be deceiving though :P
if u r dying for credits,dont hesitate to bake one for me.. i can be a great commenter (although my mom always doubt it,coz it will always end with "sedap gle!" after i tasted her dishes..hee..honest is my middle name ;P).
i love baking too by the way,especially cookies.i manage to steal amos's recipie (ngehehe). it turns out better than his. ;)

don't stop cookin' girl!

ifos said...

Afie... nak kek!!

Jamil said...

I wouldn't mind taking a bite into that. Anything which has chocolate is definitely good.

And what's up with the advert, eyh?

ayumi said...

Salaam..
Wow, that sure looks good! Kalau macam Secret Recipe.. pos lah sikit ke India.. hehe :)

Anonymous said...

Advert: Arifah will make a good future wife.

They say the way to a man's heart is through is stomach. And now that you're already venturing into the culinary department, i dare say it won't be long before the advert catches the eye of a potential suitor! Haha. Nanti bawakla cake balik college, nak rasa!

Arifah said...

Nana: Nana nak recipe cookies tu!! Hehehe. =D

Sofi: I'll bake you one when you're in the country. Hehhe. =)

Jamil: The advert? Well, just promoting myself. Dah sampai seru. Muahahahaha. As if!!!!

Sol: Ala, pos nanti penyek. When you come back to M'sia, gimme a call. I'll bake you one! =)

Ayu: Hahaha. Boleh2, nanti aku bawak. Mesti korang sukenyeeeee!

Mama Sarah said...

why should I be laughing??

alamak my dear, I think anyone out there cooks better than me.

sarahss said...

It surrreee does look delicous!! yummy yummy. I love making moist chocolate cakes too (previously i just stewed them, but somehow upon discovering that baked chocolate cakes have an edge of that crunchy sensation, i reverted to the 2nd method). Skarang x sabar nak mencuba cheese and banana cake pulak. Huhu~

ps: ayaq tangan is very important..hehe

sarahss said...

ermmm..one more thing. Jamil somehow shivered knowing that we both acknowledge each other. Am I missing something..?

*the curious cat gets her way in*

Arifah said...

Mamasarah: Because I think you're a great cook! And I still fumble handling the oven by myself. Hehhe. =D

Sarah:
I'm going for cheese cake perhaps after this. =)

No, you're not missing (and I know what u mean by "missing" here, NO, NOTHING of that kind =P)anything here. We're good friends and he knows that I can korek anything from you to tease him on any occasion when he tries his well-known sarcasm on me! Muahahaha. Padan muka Jamil.
*evil laughter*

Jamil said...

Afie

Now, now afie...I'm a bit shocked - and perhaps a little bit dismayed - to know that you see me as a sarcastic being. Oh, what has happened to the appreciation of light hearted humour and wit, eyh?

Having said that, my eyebrows are raised at the mention of 'dah sampai seru'. Am I supposed to be hearing bells of any kind here, in the near future?

Sarahss

Never mind that Afie. I'm sure you're way too polite to be telling nasty stuff about me, aren't you? Not that there's any worth mentioning in the first place :P