Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Soup for the soul

This entry is quoted from Aneesa.

Dear friends. Change is possible. Have faith. But most importantly, work towards the truth!


Salaam Alaikum,

I was on my way back from the airport wallowing in my sniffles, when the DJ on the radio read a quote which I thought, CRIIIIKEEYY!! That’s spot on!!

It went somewhere along the lines of (paraphrasing in Malay, if sentence structure is incorrect, luruskan tia oleh kamu ah! Jazakallahu Khair) :

Tiada seseorang itu suci melainkan mempunyai masa silam penuh dengan noda; tiada seseorang itu dicemar dengan dosa pada masa ini melainkan mempunya masa dapan yang penuh iman dan taqwa.

One cannot be pure at present unless he had a darken past; one cannot be filled with sins at present unless he will have a brightened future. (or somewhere along those lines)

I forgot about my sniffles and put on a wide grin and said my thanks to Allah for giving me Hidayah. Alhamdulilah, we can’t say how grateful we are to Him.

There is hope my brothers and sisters, there is hope. I was once a very lost soul. Truly I was. But Allah came to my aid at my darkest hour and gave me Nur.

It happened to me, have faith, it can happen to you too. For some, it may take a while to realise the sweetness of Iman, for others, the realisation happens overnight.

But change is possible. And when it happens, insya-Allah, it will be the BEST of the BESTEST thing ever (next to slice bread) that could ever happen to you. :smile:


(27) Al-A'rad

وَيَقُولُ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ لَوْلاَ أُنزِلَ عَلَيْهِ آيَةٌ مِّن رَّبِّهِ قُلْ إِنَّ اللّهَ يُضِلُّ مَن يَشَاءُ وَيَهْدِي إِلَيْهِ مَنْ أَنَابَ

Those who disbelieve say, ‘Why has a Sign not been sent down to him from his Lord?’ Say: ‘Allah misguides whoever He wills and guides to Himself all who turn to Him:

(28) Al-A'rad

الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ وَتَطْمَئِنُّ قُلُوبُهُم بِذِكْرِ اللّهِ أَلاَ بِذِكْرِ اللّهِ تَطْمَئِنُّ الْقُلُوبُ

Those who believe and whose hearts find peace in the remembrance of Allah. Only in the remembrance of Allah can the heart find peace.’

10 comments:

Mama Sarah said...

semoga kita semua terus diberi hidayah dan diterangkan hati.

Madame A said...

We can't even wink our eyes if not for Allah's will. All Praises be to Him.

sarahss said...

Fatabaarakallahu ahsanul khaaliqiin..

Jamil said...

Good to see that some of us have found the light. I pray that the rest of us may follow suit

Arifah said...

Mama Sarah: Amin. :)

Ibu: True. Very true.

Sarah: Can I know the English translation plz? Saya tak ambil arab. *blushes* Oh, and your ym id also? Thanks. ;)

Jamil: Amin. :)

Munie: ;) Thanks a lot for the link. I pray you'll find that light one day, insyaAllah. Soon. (",)

dith said...

Alhamdulillah that you've been blessed with the Nur. But most importantly is to nourish the Nur, so that it won't die down.

Arifah said...

Dith: Thank you for reminding me. =) The nurturing and fostering is harder than the acquisation itself.

Anonymous said...

i woke up this morning and read ur post, leave you a comment just to let you know that it made my day:)

Mai Shahira said...

salam ..
was blog-hopping and found urs.. i think it's now in my 'favourites' list already.

MasyaAllah..the Nur is beautiful, it's amazing, isn't it :)
hope Allah will bless us all in times to come..insyaAllah....

p/s: would u mind, me copy-pasting that poem "A prayer" from ur previous entry for my blog? (actually i already did)..hihi...luv it so much!
thanks...salam..

Arifah said...

Thank you Mai, it is an honour to be on your favorite list. ;)

Oh, do take the prayer (poem), I quoted it from somewhere else myself. Hehhe. =D

May we be blessed with the Nur, always and forever. Amin.