Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 18, 2008

Islam gives light to a new perspective.

I used to see myself as a stubborn, spoiled, sometimes irresponsible person. Simultaneously, I see myself as a young lady who is confident of herself. Once, I used to think I can do anything I put my heart to without anyone's help.

I was wrong. NOW, I have found my One True Love. I have found Allah. My Helper, My Savior. The One without which I can not even breath if He denies me the right to live.

I used to think my parents were overprotective. I used to feel suffocated by their questions and scrutiny.

I've only realized NOW that I have parents who hold true to the believe that if they understand what I do, provide me with everything that I need and give me the freedom to execute them, I can excel. And that has been a major blessing, especially now that I have understood what it is to be a true Muslim. Especially when I see my friends who are facing problems with their parents who have many misconceptions of what we do.

I am not blaming them (read: the parents) because I believe that when Allah deems it befitting for them to understand, He will definitely provide them with understanding. It's just that because of them, it became apparent to me how understanding my parents really are.

Thank you Allah for bestowing upon me, MY Ibu and Abah. Thank you Ibu and Abah for revealing me the value of love, freedom and apprehension, the best thing a daughter could ask for from her parents. And may Allah attach the good things that I do with the goodness and kindness that my parents have granted me from the day I was born until now. May they get huge benefits from my share of pahala for them. Amin.

“Sesiapa yang Allah mahukan kebaikan baginya,
Dia (Allah) memberikan kefahaman dalam Ad-Din ”
- Hadis Sahih Bukhari dan Muslim


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May your children see what you see in your parents now.. And may Allah guide us all in educating the children that in the future, insyaAllah, he will bestow upon us..

btw, nice blog.

Abdul Rahim said...

Kakak,

This is Abah. I dropped by to read your blog sometimes. I am proud of you for being a good daughter. You provide good examples to your other siblings. You carry your role as the elder sister very well. I am thankful to Allah that I do not have to worry about you like some parents have to worry about their children. All the while you only make my heart filled with pride and thankfulness to Allah.

Abah