Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Tiny Tots



Anas (Radhiallaahu Anhu) always
greeted children as he passed them,

saying that he did so because he had observed
the Prophet (SAW) doing the same thing.

The Prophet (SAW)
was fond of playing with
the little daughter of Umm Salama, Zainab 4.
He called her 'Zwainab! Zwainab!' repeatedly,
like parents call their babies as they play with them.

The Prophet (SAW)
carried Umaama (Radhiallaahu Anha),
his grand-daughter, while praying.

He put her down gently when he prostrated.

(All 3 hadiths were reported by Bukhaari/Muslim)

I have always been extremely fond of children. Although the opposite may be said about their respond towards me. Hehhe. When I enter a room, my eyes, my being, my heart, have a special detector where it can locate even the smallest baby or the most quiet kid strutting around somewhere. Without even realizing that my own two feet were moving, I'd almost always caught myself amazed to realize that I was already holding that poor little thing whose face always looked like she's trapped by her viscous step mother.

Why poor you might ask? Well, you can experience it yourself if you'd like, but then you 'd have to shrink yourself and pretend like you're less than 4 years old (pick any age! below =P). Because even though I like them very much, when it comes to handling them gently, I am the epitome of Mama SHREK! Or almost an exact imitation of SCULLY in the cartoon Monster Inc. when he first met Boo.

Yes. Yes. I can't help it. Those babies are all too cute for their own good! Habis kena ngomol-ngomol dengan saya. Rasakan!


Muahahaha. (Evil laughter inserted here)

Anyway, I have gone waaaaay out of making my point here. I just wanted to say that when I found the Hadiths up above, I was very much pleased. Selama ni, saya selalu (note: almost all the time) kalau jumpa budak saya akan tegur atau buat perangai kebudak-budakan jugak supaya dorang nak kawan/ suka saya. Tapi sekarang saya lagi lah suka nak buat, sebab kalau saya buat dengan niat yang betul untuk ikut sunnah Nabi at the same time nak gembirakan adik-adik comel tu, wah, banyak pahala saya dapat kumpul. Free-free jek!

Lantaklah orang cakap saya tak sedar diri dah tua pun. =p

Take home message untuk semua: carilah sunnah Rasul dalam setiap apa yang kita buat. InsyaAllah, it will help us become a true Muslim in every sense.

1 comment:

Habibah AR. said...

To be honest, I'm still so very awkward around babies. :p Toddlers ok la... hehe.