Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 10, 2009

My not-so-little-anymore sister

Who am I?

A Muslim is all the answer I could find. These days, I find myself asking that question a lot. But I wonder if I'm really one you know, a Muslim I mean. I know I, er... mengucap dua kalimah syahadah and all.. But... I don't know. Whatever... someday, somehow... I'll know the answer... but what I really wanna talk about is... my friends. What kind of friends should I ... be friends with? Coz if you talk about 'kinds' meaning there are many types rite? In my opinion, it's nothing about looks... a little about brains and a lot about religion. It’s not that I don't want to be friends with a Buddhist or anything... I mean between Muslim... girls. There's this friend of mine... friends actually. They’re kind of a group. And they're all... what we call... free hair. I've never advised them to not be free hair-ers coz they're not particularly close friends of mine. So I get nervous when I wanna advise them... haha...pathetic rite? So all I can do is pray for them to change. Insha - Allah. But I also have a close friend who’s a free hair and tried to advise her but she said she don't want to or can't or whatever coz she wants to follow the women in her family who are also free hair-ers. I tried telling her the azab for not wearing the hijab and that its useless for following your family who are wrong doers but she didn’t listen. Said she was to embarrassed or something. So I told her to stand up for herself as a Muslim. Unfortunately, she's still being stubborn. And I'm really worried coz she's my really close friend. And I don’t want her to be punished by God. So I don't know what to do anymore besides praying to Allah that someday she'll change. But I sure wish that I can do more than just praying coz she's... important and I wish for her happiness and trust me, following God’s orders will make you happy unlike the opposite. So anyone has any idea what I should do? Tell me if you do. Bye. Oh and don't think I'm weird for telling you this coz you know, I'm still a high school student, so I ran into this situation once in a while. Not to mention I just started high school. Well, not really started but... it's only been 9 months and a half since I started. So I still need guidance.Haha..

***

You know who wrote that? My youngest sister, Atiqah. She just turned 13 about 2 months ago. I smiled reading this recent entry. And sis, if you're reading this - I'M SOOOO PROUD OF YOU! =)

To those Muslim adults who think and claim that they know everything and that they are in charge just because they are adults, perhaps you can learn something from this little girl.

This girl is in search of truth and Allah will guide her to that. And as a teenager, at a time when she is still finding her place int this world she is already doing her purpose in life even is she doesn't really understand about it yet - calling people to Allah and to truth.

Kita kadang-kadang hanyut dalam arus duniawi sehingga kita lupa hakikat kehidupan kita sebenarnya. Who are we? What are we doing here? Why are we sent here? What is the purpose of our creation?

To Atiqah - May you grow up to be a Muslim first above all things, may you become a daei in its truest sense, may you never loose your way in the quest of seraching for truth and may you be in Allah's guidance always and forever. Amin.

I LOVE YOU because of Allah.


"So I told her to stand up for herself as a Muslim."

1 comment:

Madame A said...

I'M SOOOO PROUD OF BOTH OF YOU! =)