Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

MELANCHOLY

Long for your past,
Prepare for your future,
Know nothing's gonna last,
Life is but a road,
A straight and narrow path,
To our final abode,
But you are never alone,
Allah is always there.

Been busy here and there. Coping with new things to learn and comprehend given such a short while. But can't complain! If Hiyoshi, Sofi, Sol and the other 116 of my classmates, and oh, not forgetting all those who're still studying, head burried in books most of the time (read: silly attempt to be a drama queen) can survive, so can I!!

Turning to a joyous occasion, one of my friends from high school entered wedded bliss at the age of 20 with (brace yourself) a 32 year old Pakistani. Well, they did say love is blind. It's just that it's so overwhelming to see someone you spend 5 years of your teenage-angst-roving years with, the one you faught-laugh-cried with, get whisked away by a knight-stranger in shining armour never to return again. Right. Being a tad bit dramatic there. But anyway, you get the drift. =P

That's about it. Toodles~

PS: Prayers for our brothers and sisters who're Jihadi fi Sabilillah particularly those in Lebanon and Palestine. May Allah guide their souls.

6 comments:

Ikelah said...

i met your parents at the kenduri. very nice couuple, good food at a simple but meaningful majlis tahlil. ur mum was a quiet student at SEMSAS since i cant recall any special names given. ;)

dr siti (admin at kementerian kesihatan married a dr from my batch in their 20's), seha(minah laboh)were from her batch. the ex ketua pemuda umno pahang, mustafa was also from her batch.

asa for the entry, may Allah guide us through the straight path with His Blessings.

Jamil said...

Another one of our own batch getting hitched? If this goes on, the whole population of 1986 babies will have gotten married by the year 2011.

Arifah said...

ikelah: yes, they said u were nice too! And 'minah laboh' (why minah laboh?haha) was in my mum's circle of friends back then. though i don't think they till contact each other now that they lead different lifestyle.thanx for coming doc! =)

hiyoshi: i think i should start finding me self a candidate! =P

ayumi said...

Salaam..

Hiyoshi, are you included? Dah ade calon ke? He he he..

And, afie, I haven't entered that world where I bury my head in books all the time... Perhaps next month. Still, I hope that's not all that is to my student's life...

Jamil said...

afie

I think...Nope. What I think is not important.

ayumi

Oh dear. I can't believe that we're already teasing each other about candidates. I thought these were jokes used only on men and women aged 30 plus?

Anonymous said...

Very nice site!
»