Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, February 19, 2007

Keep moving..

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength"

At this very moment, I have two close friends who're going through a rough time. Both of their fathers had just undergone brain tumour surgery.

Nothing I say (or write) will take any of your pain or worries away. But just remember that my prayers are with you and your families. I'll be around if you need me, as a friend, as someone to talk to, as a shoulder to lean on. I love you both.

May Allah grant them and their loved ones health and serenity.




Savage Garden: Two beds and a coffee machine


And she takes another step
Slowly she opens the door
Check that he is sleeping
Pick up all the broken glass
And furniture on the floor

Been up half the night screaming
Now it's time to get away
Pack up the kids in the car
Another bruise to try and hide
Another alibi to write

Another ditch in the road
You keep moving
Another stop sign
You keep moving on

And the years go by so fast
Wonder how I ever made it through
And there are children to think of
Baby's asleep in the back seat

Wonder how they'll ever make it
Through this living nightmare
But the mind is an amazing thing
Full of candy dreams and new toys

And another cheap hotel
Two beds and a coffee machine
But there are groceries to buy
And she knows she'll have to go home

Another ditch in the road
You keep moving
Another stop sign
You keep moving on
And the years go by so fast

Wonder how I ever made it through
Another bruise to try and hide
Another alibi to write
Another lonely highway in the black of night

There's hope in the darkness
I know you're gonna make it
Another ditch in the road
Keep moving

Another stop sign
You keep moving on
And the years go by so fast
Silent fortress built to last
Wonder how I ever made it



9 comments:

Jalilah said...

"Nothing I say (or write) will take any of your pain or worries away."

I just wish that at times/situations like this, I have something more heartfelt and brilliant to comment but I don't. I wish your close friends are well and that their fathers are well. For your close friends, do believe that everything happens for a reason.

pycnogenol said...

Hmm...........

You and your friends have my sympathies. There isn't anything you can say besides I love you, and tell them you sincerely pray for the best outcome.

Jamil said...

To whom it may concern - may your recovery be well and swift.

And you, ms afie, you'd better start telling me what the whole business of a 'particular someone' is all about!

Arifah said...

Jalilah: Thank you on their behalf. Hmm, haven't seen you around for quite sometime. =)

Pycky: Thank you also.

Hiyo: You're brash! =P
Not telling laaa. Rahsia.
Shoooo. Go away!

Mama Sarah said...

Kami turut berdoa di sini.


p/s: What is this 'particular someone' business? I'm curious (read: busybody)! (Will i be shooed away too?)

Mama Sarah said...

Afie, I'm sorry I'm doing this to you. But you've been tagged by me :)

Just incase you need the rules:
People who are tagged should write a blog post of 6 weird things about them as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says 'you are tagged' in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

Anonymous said...

My heart goes to all of em.

P/s : *Nak busybody jugak*
Siapakah that 'particular someone'?
Just tell us already! :P

Arifah said...

Jamil and ayu: You guys are not referring to the same homosapien. End of story. Thank you very much. =)

Jalilah said...

hehe, I have been silent for quite some time kan? Oh well, I'm here now. Ngehngeh...